Become an Orangu-fundraiser!
Fundraise for us!
Simply organise your own fundraising campaign for OFIA – you could set yourself a personal challenge such as climb, run, swim or walk; ask friends and family to donate on your behalf to celebrate your birthday, wedding or anniversary; host an event such as a morning tea, trivia night, sausage sizzle – or seek sponsorship for an organised event such as a fun run, read-a-thon etc.
- Register your campaign with Everyday Hero or My Cause.
- Spread the word by sharing your campaign via email and social networks.
- Start raising funds for Orangutan Foundation International Australia!
If you don’t want to organise your own campaign you can still support us by donating to other fundraisers, or by making a one-off or regular donation.
You can also register through Everyday Hero to fundraise for us by participating in one of the many community fundraising events held across Australia throughout the year. Events like the Sunday Mail Bridge to Brisbane, the Sun Herald City2Surf, the Canberra Times Fun Run and many more listed on our Everyday Hero page.
All money raised goes directly to the OFI Care Centre in Central Kalimantan, Borneo to provide our orphaned orangutans with food, shelter, love and attention until they are old enough to be released back into the wild and to purchase land in The Orangutan Legacy Forest. Both Everyday Hero and My Cause transfer the proceeds of funds raised directly to OFIA, minus the small administration fee they charge us.
Please click on these logo links to visit the Orangutan Foundation International Australia fundraising pages for more information and campaign ideas!
Hooked on wildlife – volunteer to work with us in Borneo ….
Volunteering for OFI is a fun and exciting way to get directly involved with our mission to save wild orangutans. OFI offers long term and short term volunteer positions at our facilities in Borneo.
- In Borneo, OFI hosts volunteer teams – each lasting 3 weeks – who help maintain OFI’s facilities in Central Kalimantan.
- OFI also needs specialised long-term volunteers to fill the positions of Environmental Enrichment Coordinator and Communications Fellow.
- Individuals with a medical, veterinary, or animal husbandry background are also invited to apply for unpaid internships at our Orangutan Care Centre and Quarantine in Central Kalimantan.
- Please click here to find out more about the volunteering opportunities. All volunteering in Borneo is co-ordinated through Orangutan Foundation International.
Visit Borneo with Dr. Birute Galdikas
Would you like visit Borneo and do an Eco Tour with Dr. Birute Galdikas.For more information on travelling to Borneo click here!
Bequests and Legacy Planned Giving
Including OFIA in your Will and Estate plans enables us to continue to help thousands of orangutans and other wildlife and leaves a lasting legacy for generations to come. Your gift will provide long-term support to ensure the continuing operation of our organization. Click here to find out more.
Want to help OFI Australia? Please fill out the form below!