There are many activities for schools that can help OFI Australia raise awareness about the plight of orangutans and raise funds to help them at the same time! Education is a vitally important aspect when it comes to helping our cause. For example, you can organise a fundraising event at any time.
Join us for Orangutan Awareness Month
Why not host an event during Orangutan Awareness month in November? All money raised will contribute to our core campaigns; caring for the orphaned and displaced orangutans at the OFI Care Centre and Quarantine, and securing habitat for their future release.
OFI Australia is registered with everyday hero and my cause to help make your fundraising easy. Visit our fundraising page website for all the details Go here
If you’re hosting an event we would love you to share your pics with us on Facebook and help us spread the word! Our Facebook Page
We have plenty of ideas to help make your fundraising day a success:
- Orange mufti day – wear something orange
- Gold coin donations for Orangutans
- Orangutan Awareness Week poster – Ask students to design a poster
- Colouring in competition – something for the little ones
- Cake stalls – make sure you use palm oil free recipes!
Wondering what you can do with the funds you raise?
- Foster an orangutan– your school will receive a Foster Kit which includes your chosen orangutan’s story, photo and a frameable certificate … then photos and updates on their progress every six months.
- “Grow” The Orangutan Legacy Forest– by raising funds and donating to buy forest you are helping us to purchase and protect critical orangutan habitat. To save orangutans, we must save their rainforest home. Your school will receive a certificate of appreciation.
Thank you to everyone who has participated in school fundraising activities to date. Your love makes the difference!
Please contact us if you are interested in running a school activity. We can help by providing lesson resources and activities, as well as fundraising ideas and assistance if required.