What is Workplace Giving?
If you are passionate about supporting orangutans and wildlife conservation, workplace giving is an easy and effective way to make a difference! You can contribute to our vital work simply by giving a regular secure donation through your pre-tax pay.
As a registered Australian charity, OFI Australia relies almost entirely on donations from our generous supporters who care deeply about conservation, the fate of our planet and the welfare of animals.
Your support will help us to provide a home for the 330 orphaned, displaced and injured orangutans and other wildlife at our Care Centre in Borneo and to purchase and protect critical orangutan habitat for their future release.
Benefits for employees
- Donations are deducted from your salary before tax is applied, giving you an immediate tax benefit by reducing your taxable income. You can visit the ATO Website to calculate your estimated tax savings.
- There is no minimum or maximum contribution required to participate – you decide how much you would like to donate each pay. For example, if you are paid fortnightly, you will make a donation every two weeks.
- It is easy to set up and completely automated through your workplace payroll, so there is no need to keep your receipts to claim back donations at the end of the financial year.
- You can double your impact by asking your employer to match your donation!
- As an OFI Australia supporter you will contribute to our vital orangutan and wildlife conservation efforts. To find out how your donations can help, visit our donate page!
Benefits for employers
- A workplace giving program is an excellent way to demonstrate your company’s commitment to corporate social responsibility. By partnering with OFI Australia you are directly supporting orangutan and wildlife conservation efforts.
- Workplace giving is an effective way to boost employee morale, enhance engagement, satisfaction and retention. A recent study by Good2Give revealed of those surveyed, 80 per cent say a workplace giving program demonstrates “a genuine commitment to the community and makes their company a better place to work”.
- Workplace giving is simple, low cost and easy to set up and maintain.
- By matching the donations that your employees make, you are effectively doubling their impact, and supporting their charitable interests.
How can I get involved?
- Contact your payroll department to see if your employer has a Workplace Giving program. If a program is already in place, complete the relevant paperwork and nominate OFI Australia as your chosen charity. It’s that easy!
- If there is no Workplace Giving program already in place, ask your employer to set one up. Download and complete our Workplace Giving Employee Registration Form and submit to your payroll department. You may want to send them a link to this webpage and let them know we are happy to answer any questions if they have any.
- Don’t forget to ask your Employer if they would consider matching your donation and encourage your colleagues to get involved and join you in supporting OFI Australia!
- It is easy to set up a Workplace Giving program! Simply complete the Workplace Giving Employer Registration Form and send it to us!
- You may wish to set up your Workplace Giving Program through a workplace giving partner organisation. OFI Australia is registered with Good2Give, a not-for-profit organisation that makes it easy for businesses and donors to give.
- Let your employees know about workplace giving. We can assist by sending through promotional material to demonstrate the impact of partnering with us.
- Once an employee has signed up, you can deduct a specified amount each payday from the employee’s salary through your payroll system or with the help of our workplace-giving partner Good2Give.
- We can send your company and employees regular updates on the impact of your support to help save critically endangered orangutans from extinction.
For taxation advice on how to set up a workplace Giving Program please visit the ATO website.
For more information please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 5527 5226.
Thank you so much for your support!